Kayakfishing.com "Fall Classic" 2017- Ocean Cove, California
Saturday October 7th - Columbus Day Weekend
What To Fish For-Lingcod, cabezon, all the legal rockfish species and more. Cowcod, canary and yelloweye rockfish are “no take”. China, All edible finfish, not limited to monkey faced eels, flatfish, salmon and perches, are contenders.
First Place –
Second Place –
Come join us for The Kayakfishing.com Fall Classic 2017. Just one hour from Santa Rosa and Bodega Bay. Veteran kayak anglers, dedicated amateurs and everyone in between come out from across the West. The Fall Classic” is a family friendly event for the kayak fishing community with many folks camping on-site. Hotel lodging and vacation rentals are close-by, ask for “off-season” rates. (www.jennervacationrentals.com). Ocean Cove Campground is very accommodating for tent camping and RV friendly too (no hook-ups, any size RV).
Located just inside the entrance to Ocean Cove, Tournament Headquarters will set up camp Friday at noon.
Camping: Secure campsites at Ocean Cove Store upon arrival. It’s a “camp anywhere” style campground, they don’t assign sites. Campsites are $24 per car per night plus $8 per day to use a vehicle on the launch ramp. There is no charge for hand launching kayaks on the ramp. Camping reservations are not necessary.
Pre-paid Camping-The Event has 15 camping spots in the group site that can be purchased with registration. A second group site (10-15 spots) will be added with early demand. NOTE: Reserved sites fill fast.
The tournament rules are intended to reduce the number of fish retained for awards. The Event Raffle is for registered anglers only.
Friday: BYOFish Fry- We’ll have the batter, fryers, lemons, malt vinegar, truffle fries and slaw ready plus enough fish and shrimp to get it started. Time: 7-9pm
Saturday- Tournament Day: Anglers can start fishing anytime. Weigh-in deadline is 2:30pm at Ocean Cove. We’ll start the Trencherman’s BBQ (whole roast pig(s), BBQ chicken, sweet California corn on the cob, salads, sides, cornbread, vegetarian fare, seasonal fruit and a sweet desert) right after the scales close at 2:30pm. The BBQ, awards and raffle will run simultaneously, wrapping up between 4-5pm….followed by a big fire, bragging winners and people swapping lies into the sunset.
The Trencherman’s BBQ is sponsored by
Tournament Shirt is included in the $65 entry fee.
Tournament Rules and Fishing Grounds
- · Tournament Day is Saturday October 7, 2016 – Start anytime, Sunrise at 7:10am.
· In accordance with all CA DF&W recreational fishing Rules and Regulations
· All open waters from Fort Ross to the Sonoma/Mendocino county line including Stillwater, Fort Ross, Timber Cove, Ocean Cove (Tournament Headquarters) and Gerstle Cove are open to fishing
· Catches must be submitted to the Weigh Station at Tournament Headquarters, AT OCEAN COVE, by 2:30pm on Event Day-The scales close at 2:31pm so be prompt!
· The heaviest fish takes first prize – Other place prizes will be awarded to the heaviest “total species weight” (TSW)
· “total species weight” (TSW)-Anglers are permitted to weigh-in up to three (3) fish, one each of 3 different species
· All legal, edible fish qualify-No skates, rays, sharks or invertebrates. Finfish only.
· Only one placing prize will be awarded per winner.
· *Registrants must be in attendance at the Raffle to claim a raffle prize. Registrations must be in by July 30th to be guaranteed a Tourney Shirt).
· No motors, no sails
· “Team”, industry Pro-Staff, corporate sponsored anglers and company representatives are welcome to participate and compete for a Place win. “Industry anglers” are ineligible for prize awards. Those prizes will be awarded to the next qualifying angler.
· Any Rule Changes will be announced at Kayakfishing.com
· Any and all disputes will be resolved by the tournament coordinator without contest.
LODGING – The Event does not make a recommendation of these establishments, they are published as suggestions.
|Timber Cove Inn
Rates start at $261.00/night, up to 4 guests, $306 Ocean View. Present AAA card for discount.
Perched on a cliff that overlooks the rugged Sonoma coast is the charming Timber Cove Inn that just underwent an extensive redo. Boasting spacious accommodations with fireplaces, Timber Cove Inn provides rooms with breathtaking ocean views and “forest rooms”. Paired with fine dining and a wealth of amenities, Timber Cove Inn is a secluded getaway built for ultimate relaxation.
21780 North Coast Hwy 1, Timber Cove, CA
|Fort Ross Lodge
20705 Coast Hwy 1