- Just 90 minutes north of The Golden Gate on the pristine Sonoma Coast
- Paddling the protected waters in and around Bodega Bay
- Kayaks, gear, instruction and a seasoned fishing guide are all included
- Go home with live, delicious Dungeness, Red and Rock Crabs harvested from your kayak or have your guide steam them at the beach before you leave
Kayak Crabbing is a very easy skill level trip for ages 5 and up and fun for the whole family. No experience is necessary to become an expert crabber with single and tandem sit-on-top kayaks.
What You’ll Do:
- Meet your fishing guide at the beach in Bodega Bay for an overview of the fishery and to get familiar with the kayaks and gear.
- After a quick paddling and safety lesson on the beach, make a calm water launch onto the bay to set the crab gear. Most crabs are caught within a 10 minute paddle off the beach.
- Guests check baited crab traps and fish “the nets” in a popular recreational crabbing field frequented by seals and sea lions, hunting ospreys and many migratory sea birds. Some days dolphins and whales too.
- The guides have a lot to say about the local fishery, wildlife, the natural history of Bodega Bay and many of the different local edible seafood’s….from clams to kelp.
- With everyone comfortable and confident on the water, guests paddle the harbor mouth and outer bay checking the gear and measuring the catch. This easy adventure is great fun and many say, “the experience of a lifetime.”
- Experienced anglers who are new to the fishery will learn all the regulations and how to best outfit for crabbing.
A Confirmation with detailed trip info, directions and a list of stuff to bring is emailed with the reservation. One-day fishing licenses for anglers 16 years and older are available online, at retail stores and at the Union 76 Station in Bodega Bay the day of your trip. No license required for anglers 15 years and younger.
Have questions? Call or text a guide directly at 1-(818)-970-2392.
Come solo, bring friends or the whole family!
Employee Reward Trips: For companies large and small looking to reward their crew with more than a pizza party, Kayakfishing .com outings are proven to be the “trip of a lifetime” and a very special nature experience.Things to do after crabbing:
- The Town of Bodega – 4 miles before you hit Bodega Bay, this little spot is old California and a tourist mecca since Alfred Hitchcock directed scenes from “The Birds” here in 1962. Beer and burgers at the Casino Bar and Grill.
- Russian River Mouth at Jenner, piniped colonies below the bluffs
- Hundreds of wine and BEER tasting opportunities
- Visit the Oyster Farms at Tomales Bay Oyster Comapny
- Drive the scenic Coast Route One back to San Francisco through Point Reyes Station
- Our Recommendations included in Trip Info, please read thoroughly.
- We recommend eating at Hippizzazz Pizza/Beer and more in Sebastopol, The DOG HOUSE in Bodega Bay and Valley Ford Creamery on Route One