- Just 90 minutes north of The Golden Gate on the pristine Sonoma Coast
- Paddling the protected waters in and around Bodega Bay
- Kayaks, gear, instruction and a seasoned fishing guide are all included
- Go home with live, delicious Dungeness Crabs harvested from your kayak or have your guide steam them at the beach before you leave
- The market value of the catch can exceed the cost of this trip
Kayak Crabbing is a very easy skill level trip for ages 5 and up and fun for the whole family. No experience is necessary to become an expert crabber with single and tandem sit-on-top kayaks.
What You’ll Do:
- Meet your fishing guide at the beach in Bodega Bay for an overview of the fishery and to get familiar with the kayaks and gear.
- After a quick paddling and safety lesson on the beach, make a calm water launch onto the bay to set the crab gear. Most crabs are caught within a 10 minute paddle off the beach.
- Guests check baited crab traps and fish “the hoop nets” in a popular recreational crabbing field frequented by seals and sea lions, hunting ospreys and many migratory sea birds. Some days dolphins and whales too.
- The guides have a lot to say about the local fishery, wildlife, the history of Bodega Bay and many of the different local edible seafood’s….from cockles to kelp.
- With everyone comfortable and confident on the water, guests paddle the Harbor mouth and Outer bay checking the gear and measuring the catch. This easy adventure is great fun and for many, the experience of a lifetime.
Kayak Crab Trip Fares:
$165.00 pp-Fully Outfitted
$245.oo for 2 anglers w/Tandem Kayak
$145.00 pp – BYOKayak, $125pp, BYOKayak, Bait and Traps/Nets
$460.00 – Day-Rate for Private Groups, Approx. 6-8 hours. 2-4 Guests, Fully Outfitted w/ Seafood Shore Lunch.
$125.00 per person over 4. Maximum group size is 20 guests.
Seafood Shorelunch-$22.00 pp Steamer Boil, Minimum 4 guests
Morning sessions start at 9-10 am and last 4-6 hours.
A Confirmation with detailed trip info, directions and a list of stuff to bring is emailed with the reservation. One-day fishing licenses, for anglers 16 years and older, are available online, at retail stores and at the Union 76 Station in Bodega Bay the day of your trip. Details included with confirmation.
Have questions? Reach a guide directly at 1-(818)-970-2392.
Things to do after crabbing:
- The Town of Bodega – 4 miles before you hit Bodega Bay, this little spot is old California and a tourist mecca since Alfred Hitchcock directed scenes from “The Birds” here in 1962. Beer and burgers at the Casino Bar and Grill.
- Russian River Mouth at Jenner, seal colonies below the bluffs
- Hundreds of wine tasting opportunities
- Visit the Oyster Farms at Tomales Bay
- Drive the scenic Coast Route One back to San Francisco through Point Reyes Station
BOOK YOUR TRIP
Crab Trips run most days November 5th through May 2018, weather permitting. Trips cancelled by the guide due to weather are reschedule or refunded at the
guest’s option for local anglers. All tourist angler reservations are refunded at the time of the cancellation. A small deposit secures most trip reservations. All tourist angler cancelations by the guide are refunded. Reschedules for crab t
rips are infrequent and usually due to wind with 3-5 days advance notice in th
e forecast. We only guide when the crabs are crawling and the conditions will produce a fun time for all.
Please click the link below to reserve your spot.
Call or Email for more information:
Phone: 1 (818) 970-2392 10am-10pm Daily PST